Pokémon Epoch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Epoch

7 regions. 48 badges. 800+ Pokémon. Are you up for the challenge?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RealmyPoke

Go down 
+8
jbman3000
arctic
pingurules
Blooyash
Trapex
C_Mill24
W~Willow
Silver7890
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should we cancel it..?
Yeah, less work for me.
RealmyPoke - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%RealmyPoke - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
No way, finish what we started!
RealmyPoke - Page 2 Vote_lcap2100%RealmyPoke - Page 2 Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Sopres
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Sopres

RealmyPoke - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:46 am

jbman3000 wrote:
I saw this and a tear fell Crying or Very sad I can't do anything but stalk u guys every now and again to see how progress is going but I pump my fist everytime a sprite gets added or something else gets added it would be a shame for this to crash hang in there The King

Don't worry, young one. I'm singlehandedly re-working the entire game itself.
Back to top Go down
jbman3000
Youngster

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 am

Re-work on sono ..... Re-work on Smile
Back to top Go down
Failure
Youngster

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:17 pm

Silver7890 wrote:
Well, we're royally screwed.

http://pokerealms.net/pr/

They too are making a game for all the Pokemon Regions, and as it seems, they're far ahead of us, have much more developers, and actually have AN ACTIVE FORUM.

And with that, I give you all something to know.

I'm having an official poll on whether or not to cancel Pokemon: Generations.

It was stupid to think, of all people, I would be able to make a game.

Do you guys wanna keep going, despite the odds, or just let the more advanced guys over at PokeRealms take it over?

It's your guys decision...

Hey guys. It's Failure (Co-Founder) of PokéRealms. I'm not here to gloat or smack talk so before someone posts "dude he's just trying to be an asswaffle", no. Just no. Quite the opposite, actually.

I'm here because I want you guys to know that before I asked my buddy about putting together a team and a website, I visited this site. To be honest, you guys were pretty much the reason that I said hmm, I want to see if I can make a Pokémon game. So thank you guys for inspiration!

Secondly, I came here noticing that well..you guys aren't doing so hot in the progress area. Which is why...How would you guys like to merge with us? We're coding in Java, so it's multi-platform and is easily expandable, we created our own mapmaker so we can create the terrain according to FR/LG, and then add extra areas to suit our needs as expansion areas/quests/mumbojumblofiddledee. All of the admins here that have any experience in coding Java, Graphic Design, Storyboarding and Marketing/Advertising would just have to contact me and they'd recieve a position after they sent me a little somethin' somethin' that proves they actually CAN do what they say they can. (We had a guy say he was one of the lead GFX guys in his college and he sent me a flash animation that was a tutorial of a flash anim that I did in highschool, only the one he sent was awful and colored weird) Basically I'm trying to say if you have a position here and you're good at it, we can find you a position there.

Like I said earlier, you guys were the Charmander ember to the fire that started PokéRealms, and we'd hate to see it die without some sort of help from us. We really aren't on the web to kill other Pokémon MMOs or get filthy rich, we're here because we all truly want to see a world where all of us can become the Trainers we wanted as a kid, and show off our badass pokémanz to our friends and pwn n00bz in the Fighting Dojo. Also, I don't mean to steal any members with this post. I'm just trying to help out a fellow group of Pokémon Enthusiasts. I also don't intend for this to be a "choose us or die" type situation; If you guys don't want to merge and want to finish the game that's totally cool with us.

Sorry for the novel. Just let me know what you guys think; the offer stands as long as you guys want it to. Just reply to me here or register @ PR and send me a private message via the forums there.
Thanks,
Failure
Lead GFX/Storyboarding of PokéRealms - The ONLY Java-based Pokémon MMO!
Back to top Go down
W~Willow
Lazyass Animation Lady
Lazyass Animation Lady
W~Willow

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:30 pm

Failure wrote:
Silver7890 wrote:
Well, we're royally screwed.

http://pokerealms.net/pr/

They too are making a game for all the Pokemon Regions, and as it seems, they're far ahead of us, have much more developers, and actually have AN ACTIVE FORUM.

And with that, I give you all something to know.

I'm having an official poll on whether or not to cancel Pokemon: Generations.

It was stupid to think, of all people, I would be able to make a game.

Do you guys wanna keep going, despite the odds, or just let the more advanced guys over at PokeRealms take it over?

It's your guys decision...

Hey guys. It's Failure (Co-Founder) of PokéRealms. I'm not here to gloat or smack talk so before someone posts "dude he's just trying to be an asswaffle", no. Just no. Quite the opposite, actually.

I'm here because I want you guys to know that before I asked my buddy about putting together a team and a website, I visited this site. To be honest, you guys were pretty much the reason that I said hmm, I want to see if I can make a Pokémon game. So thank you guys for inspiration!

Secondly, I came here noticing that well..you guys aren't doing so hot in the progress area. Which is why...How would you guys like to merge with us? We're coding in Java, so it's multi-platform and is easily expandable, we created our own mapmaker so we can create the terrain according to FR/LG, and then add extra areas to suit our needs as expansion areas/quests/mumbojumblofiddledee. All of the admins here that have any experience in coding Java, Graphic Design, Storyboarding and Marketing/Advertising would just have to contact me and they'd recieve a position after they sent me a little somethin' somethin' that proves they actually CAN do what they say they can. (We had a guy say he was one of the lead GFX guys in his college and he sent me a flash animation that was a tutorial of a flash anim that I did in highschool, only the one he sent was awful and colored weird) Basically I'm trying to say if you have a position here and you're good at it, we can find you a position there.

Like I said earlier, you guys were the Charmander ember to the fire that started PokéRealms, and we'd hate to see it die without some sort of help from us. We really aren't on the web to kill other Pokémon MMOs or get filthy rich, we're here because we all truly want to see a world where all of us can become the Trainers we wanted as a kid, and show off our badass pokémanz to our friends and pwn n00bz in the Fighting Dojo. Also, I don't mean to steal any members with this post. I'm just trying to help out a fellow group of Pokémon Enthusiasts. I also don't intend for this to be a "choose us or die" type situation; If you guys don't want to merge and want to finish the game that's totally cool with us.

Sorry for the novel. Just let me know what you guys think; the offer stands as long as you guys want it to. Just reply to me here or register @ PR and send me a private message via the forums there.
Thanks,
Failure
Lead GFX/Storyboarding of PokéRealms - The ONLY Java-based Pokémon MMO!
Thank you failure, I for one appreciate the offer
and a merge will be very productive. So, with that said you have one of two very important votes (I don't know if Sono will approve).but, with that said, I have plenty of questions.

1. Do you have all of what we are doing in mind (The Features we would've provided)
2. and What style is it in
other than that
I'm joining now
Back to top Go down
Failure
Youngster

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Feature-wise I believe we are providing all of what you are doing, and if not bring it to our attention and we'd be happy to discuss it and implement it. Since we're programming it completely from scratch and tile-by-tile, we can edit and add literally whatever we want, so the sky is the limit for expansion.

As for style I guess I don't know what you mean. Like Graphics, or medium or...? If gfx then FR/LG and if medium we're writing it in Java. Other than that...i dunno.
Also, thanks for the consideration. We're eagerly waiting your guy's decision.
Back to top Go down
Sopres
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Sopres

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:26 am

Wow. I mean..amazing.

We're not so hot on Java coding, but spriting is something some more than others do good here.

And if the gfx are FR/LG, damn it, okay then.

I haven't checked your guys' forum, but from what shewhoshalln'tbenamed said, it's pretty good.

I'll see, maybe we can merge to be one huge project.
Back to top Go down
Failure
Youngster

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 am

I noticed your post in "shall we do it" and that brings me to ask this: Is it decided? The other ranks were saying it was up to you, and you said yes so...? Would this make us merged or are there still things that you guys are deciding on? Either way let me know here or @ the forums, and if the merge is a go we should talk about redirecting webpages and getting people here with talent spots on the gfx team.
Back to top Go down
Sopres
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Sopres

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Failure wrote:
I noticed your post in "shall we do it" and that brings me to ask this: Is it decided? The other ranks were saying it was up to you, and you said yes so...? Would this make us merged or are there still things that you guys are deciding on? Either way let me know here or @ the forums, and if the merge is a go we should talk about redirecting webpages and getting people here with talent spots on the gfx team.

Well, altogether the project for both of us is running smoothly..for better or for worse.

What I'm questioning is how we'll work together.

It's not like I can see any of your work currently.
Back to top Go down
W~Willow
Lazyass Animation Lady
Lazyass Animation Lady
W~Willow

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 pm

yeah you can
http://pokerealms.net/pr/forums/showthread.php?t=209&page=4&p=2228#post2228 (Mew posted the progress of last night by Prestiege, somewhere in there)
The Walk Test
Back to top Go down
Trapex
SUPREME CODER-LORD
SUPREME CODER-LORD
Trapex

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, I, on the other hand of things, will have to pass up on this offer. I have too much on my plate as of now; school and such are becoming much more important as I enter my sophomore year. I also want to be able to learn different programming languages (including Java).
Sorry to say, but I'll just have to let this go over my head. I wish that I could help, but I have no skills as of now that would be worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
Maskedtrainer
Gym Leader
Maskedtrainer

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:04 pm

same
Back to top Go down
W~Willow
Lazyass Animation Lady
Lazyass Animation Lady
W~Willow

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:31 pm

Trapex wrote:
Well, I, on the other hand of things, will have to pass up on this offer. I have too much on my plate as of now; school and such are becoming much more important as I enter my sophomore year. I also want to be able to learn different programming languages (including Java).
Sorry to say, but I'll just have to let this go over my head. I wish that I could help, but I have no skills as of now that would be worthwhile.
Thanks for abandoning us, jerky
YOU TOO MT
Back to top Go down
Blooyash
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master
Blooyash

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:55 pm

Trapex wrote:

And yet none of those things mattered when I said I was going code to this game?
Back to top Go down
Maskedtrainer
Gym Leader
Maskedtrainer

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:25 pm

what do you what me to do I can't cod or sprite and they said that they only wanted the ones that could do that stuff. otherwise I would join them
Back to top Go down
Enderthan
Pokémon Trainer
Enderthan

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:38 pm

I will work to the best of my ability, and what I can't do, my brother has a GBA sound front that I can use over Christmas break( He's at college), and my dad is a computer programmer.
Back to top Go down
Sopres
Supreme Overlord
Supreme Overlord
Sopres

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Well, if anyone ISN'T moving to PokeRealms, please just send me any of your last work or, in the guy above me's case, Sound Fonts and such through PChat.

I want to, again, thank everyone who helped in the original Gens project, but since..merging..yeah.

Now we know for sure that the game will be done. Again, thanks for all your guys' help.
Back to top Go down
W~Willow
Lazyass Animation Lady
Lazyass Animation Lady
W~Willow

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:15 pm

ok, so when are you moving Sono?
Back to top Go down
Maskedtrainer
Gym Leader
Maskedtrainer

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:21 pm

will they still let me join if I can't sprite or code?
Back to top Go down
Failure
Youngster

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:34 pm

Guys in sorry if I didn't make it clear: ALL of you ate welcome I join pokerealms! You don't have to be able to code or sprite to be a member! I just meant if you join PR and want to try out of one of the spots I listed, you can and if not you can just enjoy the community as a member! Sorry about that!
Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
PUPPY MASTER
PUPPY MASTER
C_Mill24

Location : Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?

Character sheet
Starter Pokemon: Salamence
Pokemon 2: Cubchoo
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:22 pm

So, in short this forum is dead.
Back to top Go down
W~Willow
Lazyass Animation Lady
Lazyass Animation Lady
W~Willow

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 12:16 am

yes
now go to PokeRealms
Back to top Go down
W~Willow
Lazyass Animation Lady
Lazyass Animation Lady
W~Willow

PostSubject: Re: RealmyPoke   RealmyPoke - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 2:15 am

HA
THEIR SITE FELL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH
Back to top Go down