Pokémon Epoch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokémon Epoch

7 regions. 48 badges. 800+ Pokémon. Are you up for the challenge?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tile-basing....

Go down 
5 posters

Tile-based movement: Yes or No?
Yes
Tile-basing.... Vote_lcap2100%Tile-basing.... Vote_rcap2
 100% [ 3 ]
No
Tile-basing.... Vote_lcap20%Tile-basing.... Vote_rcap2
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Trapex
SUPREME CODER-LORD
SUPREME CODER-LORD
Trapex

Tile-basing.... Empty
PostSubject: Tile-basing....   Tile-basing.... EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Yeah, about your hopes of a "tile-based" game (a game, like the actual real Pokemon games themselves), it just may or may not happen. I mean, if we did some more looking, we could most likely, more or less, find a code that would work properly for tile-based movement. Of course, I have also tried coding without tile-basing the movement, and found that, in all generalities, it doesn't make that much of a difference. So, I'm asking you whether it would be all right if we just forgot about doing a tile-based movement and go around like a free-roaming open-world RPG type of game (except for that you can only move in one direction at a time; that will be kept for sure).

Back to top Go down
C_Mill24
PUPPY MASTER
PUPPY MASTER
C_Mill24

Location : Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?

Character sheet
Starter Pokemon: Salamence
Pokemon 2: Cubchoo
Character Sheet:

Tile-basing.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tile-basing....   Tile-basing.... EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 7:17 pm

All of the main Pokemon games have had tile-based movement and I don't think that's going to change.
Back to top Go down
W~Willow
Lazyass Animation Lady
Lazyass Animation Lady
W~Willow

Tile-basing.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tile-basing....   Tile-basing.... EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 11:50 pm

against this, I am.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Lucas
Epic Trainer
Epic Trainer
Trainer Lucas

Tile-basing.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tile-basing....   Tile-basing.... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:25 am

I think we're just gonna have to tough it out, Flask.
Back to top Go down
Asch the Bloody
Pokémon Trainer
Asch the Bloody

Tile-basing.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tile-basing....   Tile-basing.... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 2:57 pm

What Language is this going to be coded in? I can help a bit with small codes if it will be in AS2.

Last edited by Asch the Bloody on Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trapex
SUPREME CODER-LORD
SUPREME CODER-LORD
Trapex

Tile-basing.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tile-basing....   Tile-basing.... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Asch the Bloody wrote:
What Language is this going to be coded in? I can help a but with small codes if it will be in AS2.

AS2 is the more likely option, considering it's easier than AS3. It may take a longer time to export, but AS2 is much, MUCH easier.
Back to top Go down
Asch the Bloody
Pokémon Trainer
Asch the Bloody

Tile-basing.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tile-basing....   Tile-basing.... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:52 pm

Ikr. I'd be more than willing to help out. I use CS4 so I could also help with some graphics. I have no idea how to implement a tile-based movement system so don't ask. But I do have an idea. You could make it to where the player is actually moving the map to give the illusion that the character is moving on the tiles. Could that work? I mean it wouldn't be very... well like the original game but whatever works right? and im sure that the players won't know that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tile-basing.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tile-basing....   Tile-basing.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tile-basing....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon Epoch :: Trash Can :: Trash-
Jump to: