Pokémon Epoch

7 regions. 48 badges. 800+ Pokémon. Are you up for the challenge?
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The official idea thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Silver7890
Zed Geared Brony
Zed Geared Brony
avatar

Posts : 447
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 17
Location : In your bed

PostSubject: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Here you post ideas you have for the game.

If they're good enough, they'll go in game.

If they suck, expect to see your suggestion in red.

Now talk.

_________________
Spoiler:
 


Trainer Lucas wrote:
You sir, just met Silver. She's the brains behind this operation. She came up with this game.

Herp de Derp wrote:
Yeah, Silver is normally cussing so much she makes sailors blush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pkmngenerations.forumotion.com
Alt_0223
Youngster
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 18
Location : In your computer, upgrading your RAM

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 pm

No Fakemon. That would be a pain. And maybe we could have a Pokemon Olympics of some sort, where you could compete in things like flying events, and skydiving, but this would require more work on Pokemon. We would have to add seperate sprites to use for running and stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:37 pm

I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alt_0223
Youngster
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 18
Location : In your computer, upgrading your RAM

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:38 pm

5qwerty wrote:
I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
The sprites will all be in FRLG style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
The sprites will all be in FRLG style.
Oh, so we'll just resprite 263 Pokemon in FRLG style. Good luck with that.
Maps wouldn't be much of a problem, nor would Overworlds. Though, Pokemon sprites should be in BW style, because it's the only game that has all the Pokemon in one style.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alt_0223
Youngster
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 18
Location : In your computer, upgrading your RAM

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 pm

5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
The sprites will all be in FRLG style.
Oh, so we'll just resprite 263 Pokemon in FRLG style. Good luck with that.
Maps wouldn't be much of a problem, nor would Overworlds. Though, Pokemon sprites should be in BW style, because it's the only game that has all the Pokemon in one style.
Really, it should just be good to put more effort in for an overall good quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
The sprites will all be in FRLG style.
Oh, so we'll just resprite 263 Pokemon in FRLG style. Good luck with that.
Maps wouldn't be much of a problem, nor would Overworlds. Though, Pokemon sprites should be in BW style, because it's the only game that has all the Pokemon in one style.
Really, it should just be good to put more effort in for an overall good quality.
You really don't have a clue how hard it is to sprite a Pokemon with top quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alt_0223
Youngster
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 18
Location : In your computer, upgrading your RAM

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:51 pm

5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
The sprites will all be in FRLG style.
Oh, so we'll just resprite 263 Pokemon in FRLG style. Good luck with that.
Maps wouldn't be much of a problem, nor would Overworlds. Though, Pokemon sprites should be in BW style, because it's the only game that has all the Pokemon in one style.
Really, it should just be good to put more effort in for an overall good quality.
You really don't have a clue how hard it is to sprite a Pokemon with top quality.
It's a common quality in bad spriters. Anyway, we're just recoloring them and cutting the bottoms off of back sprites.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asch the Bloody
Pokémon Trainer
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 20
Location : Hod, Dead...

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:02 pm

Silver=league champion and rival for entire game. She would be the champion of ALL of the leagues. She could have pokemon from the specified region your currently in. That would be epic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Isn't Silver a guy?



Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
The sprites will all be in FRLG style.
Oh, so we'll just resprite 263 Pokemon in FRLG style. Good luck with that.
Maps wouldn't be much of a problem, nor would Overworlds. Though, Pokemon sprites should be in BW style, because it's the only game that has all the Pokemon in one style.
Really, it should just be good to put more effort in for an overall good quality.
You really don't have a clue how hard it is to sprite a Pokemon with top quality.
It's a common quality in bad spriters. Anyway, we're just recoloring them and cutting the bottoms off of back sprites.
Recoloring doesn't change the style, it changes the palette.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alt_0223
Youngster
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-09
Age : 18
Location : In your computer, upgrading your RAM

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:31 pm

5qwerty wrote:
Isn't Silver a guy?



Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
The sprites will all be in FRLG style.
Oh, so we'll just resprite 263 Pokemon in FRLG style. Good luck with that.
Maps wouldn't be much of a problem, nor would Overworlds. Though, Pokemon sprites should be in BW style, because it's the only game that has all the Pokemon in one style.
Really, it should just be good to put more effort in for an overall good quality.
You really don't have a clue how hard it is to sprite a Pokemon with top quality.
It's a common quality in bad spriters. Anyway, we're just recoloring them and cutting the bottoms off of back sprites.
Recoloring doesn't change the style, it changes the palette.
1. No, Silver is a girl.
2. We are using pallets from the style to recolor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:54 pm

Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Isn't Silver a guy?



Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
Alt_0223 wrote:
5qwerty wrote:
I CAN TOTALLY DOMINATE IN MAKING FAKEMON.

Legit.

One thing I'm wondering about is the style of all the sprites. Seriously, different styled sprites don't really seem right.

Unlesss this has been discussed before, I suggest that we agree on one style of sprites. (Maps, Pokemon, Overworlds, etc.)
The sprites will all be in FRLG style.
Oh, so we'll just resprite 263 Pokemon in FRLG style. Good luck with that.
Maps wouldn't be much of a problem, nor would Overworlds. Though, Pokemon sprites should be in BW style, because it's the only game that has all the Pokemon in one style.
Really, it should just be good to put more effort in for an overall good quality.
You really don't have a clue how hard it is to sprite a Pokemon with top quality.
It's a common quality in bad spriters. Anyway, we're just recoloring them and cutting the bottoms off of back sprites.
Recoloring doesn't change the style, it changes the palette.
1. No, Silver is a girl.
2. We are using pallets from the style to recolor.

Are we talking about the same Silver? Silver is the main rival of HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Also, there is still a difference between the styles, if you choose to recolor with FR/LG colors. For example, the shading is different. (FR/LG would have more dither, while B/W or DPPtHGSS has more smooth shading, due to their palette choices) So the end result would just be a "crappily shaded" version of the Pokemon you are spriting. Another thing is that the sprites of the Pokemon in Gen 4 and 5 sometimes have pixels on the corners of the dark side. It's actually pretty hard to explain by words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asch the Bloody
Pokémon Trainer
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 20
Location : Hod, Dead...

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:02 pm

I think we are talking about SILVER from EF aka leaf aka missingo(here)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:05 pm

sazh chocobo wrote:
I think we are talking about SILVER from EF aka leaf aka missingo(here)

Why would she be a rival then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asch the Bloody
Pokémon Trainer
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 20
Location : Hod, Dead...

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Cause shes cool, duh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:18 pm

sazh chocobo wrote:
Cause shes cool, duh.

Well, I'm cool.



So I should be in every fan game.



I think a more legitimate response would have been: "Since it's her game".

MissingNo. wrote:
God no.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asch the Bloody
Pokémon Trainer
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 20
Location : Hod, Dead...

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Lol, true. Anyways, silver can do whatever she wants to HER game. The outcome will be based on her shoulders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:52 pm

Lol, Admin be editin' mah posts.



So, what do you think about the sprites; FR/LG or B/W?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asch the Bloody
Pokémon Trainer
avatar

Posts : 215
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 20
Location : Hod, Dead...

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Silver7890
Zed Geared Brony
Zed Geared Brony
avatar

Posts : 447
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 17
Location : In your bed

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

FR/LG, now shut up.

_________________
Spoiler:
 


Trainer Lucas wrote:
You sir, just met Silver. She's the brains behind this operation. She came up with this game.

Herp de Derp wrote:
Yeah, Silver is normally cussing so much she makes sailors blush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://pkmngenerations.forumotion.com
5qwerty
Youngster


Posts : 32
Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:13 pm

MissingNo. wrote:
FR/LG, now shut up.
I sincerely wish you good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trainer Lucas
Epic Trainer
Epic Trainer
avatar

Posts : 742
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 21
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 am

Question. Where will legendary's,(like Deoxeys) Who Are Promotional Pokemon Be in the game? I'm thinking Deoxeys Could be in Mossdeep, On the Moon. I'd post a video About what I mean, But I'm not allowed to. Just youtube it.

_________________
Pokemon Generations Frat Party 2009:
Spoiler:
 

Pokemon Generations Frat Party 2010:
Spoiler:
 

Pokemon Generations Frat Party 2011:
Spoiler:
 


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiddragon
Incredible ~Desu
Incredible ~Desu
avatar

Posts : 341
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 21
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 am

There will be special in-game events that will let you access to those pokémons.

_________________
"Death is a sweet fruit that we are brought to taste once in our life, but that is always at our fingertips."
-Megu Kakizaki,
Rozen Maiden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
C_Mill24
PUPPY MASTER
PUPPY MASTER
avatar

Posts : 1434
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 22
Location : Do you remember the episode where Ash caught a Pumbloom?

Character sheet
Starter Pokemon: Salamence
Pokemon 2: Cubchoo
Character Sheet:

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:34 pm

Will there be announcements about the events while you play?

_________________
Blooyash wrote:
Dang you and your vocabulary!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiddragon
Incredible ~Desu
Incredible ~Desu
avatar

Posts : 341
Join date : 2011-07-12
Age : 21
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:48 pm

Those events will be keep secret until game release, and some of the way to obtain them will be said at some times.

_________________
"Death is a sweet fruit that we are brought to taste once in our life, but that is always at our fingertips."
-Megu Kakizaki,
Rozen Maiden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The official idea thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The official idea thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Official clonewars thread!
» Exploring Equestria official campaign thread - Full
» Official discussion thread for 9*
» Official DBZ Thread [New 2015 Film in the works]
» Unofficial official speculation thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Pokémon Epoch :: Trash Can :: Trash-
Jump to: